Siemens AG Press Releases
Siemens and LanzaTech partner to transform steel mill off-gases into bioethanol
• Process uses energy contained in steel plant off-gases
• Ten-year co-operation to develop and market integrated environmental solutions for the steel industry worldwide
• Biological fermentation process converts CO and CO2 into bioethanol and platform chemicals
Siemens Metals Technologies and LanzaTech have signed a ten-year co-operation agreement to develop and market integrated environmental solutions for the steel industry worldwide. The collaboration will utilize the ground-breaking fermentation technology developed by LanzaTech transforming carbon-rich off-gases generated by the steel industry into low carbon bioethanol and other platform chemicals.
EADS, Siemens enter long-term research partnership and sign MoU with Diamond Aircraft on electric propulsion system
• EADS and Siemens to cooperate long-term to introduce hybrid power plant technologies in helicopters and large airplanes
• Successful maiden flight of second generation test airplane demonstrates large savings potential for airlines
• CEOs sign Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation on electric propulsion technologies to lower fuel cost and emissions
EADS and Siemens are entering a long-term research partnership to introduce new electric propulsion systems that could help airlines lower their fuel bills and drive environmental performance. Together with their partner, Austria-based Diamond Aircraft, the companies showcase a second generation serial hybrid electric airplane at Le Bourget.
Water disinfection: Safely generating up to 5000 grams of chlorine dioxide per hour
• New Diox-A product line for the preparation of chlorine
• For removal of odours and taste causing compounds in industrial applications
• For the disinfection of process or cooling water
Diox-A 5000 is an especially powerful but also safe chlorine dioxide generator developed by Siemens Water Technologies. Depending on its version, the Diox-A 5000 can generate up to 2,500 or 5,000 grams of chlorine dioxide per hour for the disinfection of process or cooling water. The infeed is via a double injector, which increases system safety because the required basic chemicals – sodium chlorite and hydrochloric acid – are not mixed in their undiluted states.
Siemens supporting Brasília’s stadium in bid to become world’s greenest sports arena
• Mané Garrincha world’s first stadium to apply for LEED Platinum sustainability certification
• Siemens supplying security, safety and building automation technology
• Siemens technology helps reduce CO2 emissions
Siemens is supplying technology for Brasília's Mané Garrincha National Stadium, the most modern and sustainable sports arena to be built in Latin America. The company has been commissioned to provide equipment, products and high-tech security, safety and building automation systems for the stadium, which will host the Confederations Cup opener in 2013 and seven World Cup games in 2014.
Flying with Siemens Integrated Drive System
• The motor glider's novel Integrated Drive System, which boasts a world record power-to-weight ratio, is scalable and is suitable for commercial use in principle also in aircraft for up to 100 passengers.
• A successful maiden flight: Siemens, Diamond Aircraft, and EADS showcase the new "DA36 E-Star 2" with a serial hybrid-electric drive at the Paris Air Show.
At the Parisian "Le Bourget" air show, Siemens, EADS and Diamond Aircraft showcased the next generation DA36 E-Star with a serial hybrid-electric drive. This drive concept enables quiet electric takeoff and a considerable reduction in both fuel consumption and emissions of up to 25 percent. The second generation aircraft has proven that this technology is suitable for commercial use.
Tangshan orders cold rolling complex from Siemens
• Order worth more than 100 million Euro
• Annual production capacity is 1.6 million tons.
• Plant produces high quality cold strip for automotive industry
Siemens Metals Technologies has won an order worth more than 100 million Euro from the Chinese Tangshan Iron and Steel Group Co. Ltd. to supply a complete cold rolling complex. The plant will be built at the Tangshan location in the Hebei province. It includes a coupled pickling line-tandem cold mill (PLTCM), a continuous annealing line and a galvanizing line.