Clothing and Textiles
Written by Mr. Machines
The newly developed machine with its reed headstock integrated into the machine superstructure allows production speeds never previously achieved, thanks to its innovative control system. The VERSOMAT has the following special technical features:
• Production of warp sections with a minimum width of 4 mm or (depending on yarn fineness) minimum 12 – 24 threads. With maximum end numbers of 480 -560 threads and a section width of up to 150 mm, the VERSOMAT can be fine-tuned for flexible production.
• The time for each thread separation at a lease or sizing split is 7 seconds per separation process.
• A maximum warping speed of 750 m/min allows production to be optimised to suit yarn properties.
• The perfect thread tension between creel and machine for the warping process ensured by the use of a proven section tension control and a controlled beaming tension system forms the basis for warp quality that meets the highest requirements.
• The VERSOMAT is available with a working width of 2.200 m for the traditional clothing sector and 3.600 mm for decorative fabrics and furniture coverings.
Highest warp quality:
With laser-aided feed determination and section tension control, the correct package build-up over the width of the warp and a constant thread tension over the warp length are ensured.
Optical monitoring of the thread separation at the warping reed during automatic insertion of the split cords (which are simply placed in the warping drum as part of the setting-up process) is extended in scope by the optical positional check of the separation slider.
This ensures an even cylindrical package build-up and the correct placement of the split cords, both of which are essential for perfect warp quality.
Flexibility and high productivity:
The new leasing device is not fixed to the floor but is part of the machine and is located in the machine superstructure. By separating the thread guidance from the leasing reeds this device provides the basis for optimised working when changing lots.
With a machine configuration based on VERSOMAT and creel with e.g. 480 bobbins the system can be operated in part-creel mode as a 2-creel warping machine with 240 threads each. In this way sectional warping from the first creel half is possible and at the same time the operator can prepare the second half.
The setting-up carriage carries the thread guidance elements, the leasing and warping reeds.
This provides the basis for a new thread sequence, which can be prepared during the warping process and therefore reduces the down-time to a minimum.
The Versomat produce with the smallest sectional warping widths (from 4 mm) and the very minimum number of bobbins in the creel. This reduced number of bobbins allows the creel to be set-up in the shortest possible time With its short pitch and section changing times and reduced yarn use, the VERSOMAT produces sample and short warps economically but without compromising on quality. At the same time it offers the flexibility to produce warps with a package diameter of up to 700 mm.
Practical experience with over 20 installed machines confirms a wide range of textile applications. The VERSOMAT is suitable for the preparation of silk yarns, multi- and monofilaments and staple fibre yarn from the finest cotton yarn to the coarsest woollen yarns.
More info at: http://www.benningergroup.com/eng/